Cookies, privacy and terms of usage
SummaryHere are the most asked about terms
- We store cookies
- We collect some information about your usage of the service
- You can use it for commercial purposes
- Attribution to uClassify is only required for the free subscription
- You are not allowed to try to circumvent the rate limits (e.g. multiple accounts)
An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing.
|.AspNet.ApplicationCookie||Signed and encrypted cookie that allows users to authenticate.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Helps the server to identify the session.|
|__RequestVerificationToken||Anti-forgery cookie that prevents CSRF attacks.|
|hide-cookie-consent||Hides the cookie consent information bar.|
|guest_id, eu_cn, _gid, _ga, personalization_id||Used by the twitter follow button, for more info see twitter cookies.|
|AKA_MVT_BUTTONS, AKA_MVT_ID, AKDC, PYPF, akavpau_ppsd||Used by the PayPal buttons, for more info see paypal cookies.|
Data & Privacy
To use uClassify apis you need to register an account, the account requires a username, an email and a password. The username can be your name or an anonymous alias. The email address is mainly used for password recovery and in some cases it allows us to contact you.
Optional personal data
Users can optionally enter data such as their company name, VAT number and address. Those fields are used for invoices and are only visible to the user and uClassify. Additionally users may enter a personal description, this description will only be visible if the user choose to publish a classifier.
Users can create their own classifiers with a name, description and names of each class. This information will only be visible to the user unless the user publishes the classifier. Texts sent for classification are not stored on our server with the exception of url requests where the text may occur in the log files (see below). If you train a classifier, we don't store your full training data we only store the minimum required data that the model need (bag of words).
For security and troubleshooting reasons we temporary store log files. The log files may include information such as the ip address, browser type, date and time and api end points. HTTP parameters sent to the URL API end points will be visible in the logs. Log files are deleted within 3 weeks.
Terms of service
You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using the uClassify Web Api, along with any accompanying documentation or tools (the uClassify Web Api, documentation and its tools will be referred to herein as the "Api").
Your use of the Api means that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then uClassify is unwilling to license the Api to you, and you should not use the Api. By using the Api, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions, understand them, and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you are not authorized and may not use the Api.
- DEFINITIONS (a) ‘Application’ means any application that was made using the Api. (b) ‘Commercial’ means any selling, bartering, trading or otherwise exchanging for consideration or compensation of any sort, whether payment, royalties, etc.
- LIMITATIONS This is a license, not a transfer of title, and you may not, nor permit anyone else to, (a) use the Service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities; (b) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble, modify, or create derivative works based on the Api or the documentation in whole or in part; (c) try to circumvent rate limits (d) irresponsibly overload the Api.
- ATTRIBUTION For all non free subscriptions, you don’t have to give uClassify any credits. Any public work done with a free subscription requires visible attribution to uClassify.com.
- OWNERSHIP The Api is copyrighted proprietary material of uClassify, and may not be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or cloned in any way, without uClassify’s prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, uClassify and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information of uClassify or its suppliers.
- TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE uClassify may terminate this license at any time if you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions of use.
- DISCLAIMER The Api is provided "as-is." uClassify makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the Api or its operation. The Api may change or improve without prior notice to you. uClassify makes no warranties that the service will run permanently, it may stop temporarily during updates or cease to work entirely. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, uClassify disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties of non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow or otherwise govern the scope of exclusions of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply in full.
- LIMITATION ON DAMAGES In no event shall uClassify be liable to any party for direct, indirect, special or other consequential or incidental damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Api, including but not limited to any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise, even if uClassify has been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any liability that may arise by using this Api.
- SUPPORT SERVICES uClassify may, but is not obligated to, provide you with support services related to the Api. Any supplemental Api code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the Api and subject to the terms and conditions of this license. With respect to technical information you provide to uClassify as part of the Support Services, uClassify may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development.
- HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES The Api is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring failsafe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Product could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). Accordingly, uClassify and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities. Licensee agrees that uClassify and its suppliers will not be liable for any claims or damages arising from the use of the Product in such applications.